Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shirt to Pillow

I really loved this shirt, I bought it from a second hand store because the fabric is so cute.  It was put in a box when we moved and I just found it again!  I once saw Martha Stewart (Everyone that knows me knows I LOVE her - I've been watching her since I was a kid, she taught me how to iron a shirt!) turn an old button down shirt into a pillow and ever since then I've wanted to do it!

So when I found the shirt in the box it looked like this...

Cute, cute shirt - I just love the pattern!  I turned it inside out and started by folding the bottom opening to create a straight line and sewed this in place.  I then folded over each side and the top sewing each in place and cutting the excess fabric.  I didn't worry about leaving an opening for the stuffing because the buttons were still functional and I inserted the stuffing there.

Once stuffed I added a few more buttons and sewed the opening closed. To finish the whole thing off I crocheted a large flower as a base, took a strip of scrap fabric and scrunched it up, then crocheted a small circle - sewed all three elements together and attached the the pillow!

What do you think?  I think it turned out super cute!!!


Also - the Un-Giveaway over at OneArtsyMama is underway!  Check out the great crafts and such up for auction HERE...
Remember ALL proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen  Foundation!




6 comments:

  1. New Follower from Blog Hop till you Drop. Hoping you will follow back! =0)
    My Crazy Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely this is - what a great idea and I love the rosette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! we should do this for a sister saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm gonna love your blog! New follower from Monday Mom Blog Hop!
    http://brittlebyscorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that IS super-cute! I like the buttons, too-- I adore pillows with buttons. Now I'm going to be on the lookout at the thrift stores for cute shirts to turn into pillows. Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete