Monday, July 11, 2011

Hats, Hats!

I have been wondering what to do with the large amount of left over yarn that has been hanging around for the last few years (or longer in some cases).

I decided I would make hats - as many as I could with what there is. So...I'm hoping to get at least one hat done a week, and at the end of the year will donate them all to the local homeless shelter. The two I made this week are just the basic shape - increasing to until they were the size I wanted and then hdc all the way around to the length I wanted. Both are big enough for a younger child.

The green one was made from a bulk weight yarn, and it VERY thick - but will be nice and warm.



I got started on this one and since purple is Kellie's favorite color I let her claim it! I have more of the variegated yarn and will most likely make another one like it to donate.




1 comment: