Friday, June 24, 2011

Rag Rug #2

Attempt two at a rag rug - this one if for my bathroom. I ripped the strips into 1 1/2 inch strips and used the "P" hook again - I also made myself focus on making the knots more loosely. (I'm a very tight crocheter) And this rug turned out flat and perfect!

I started with a chain of 28 and then just increased three stitches on each end to make the oval shape. I staggered where the increases were on each end because I read it help to make the curve more even. This rug is about 3 feet long and took just more than 1/2 of the red and 1/2 of the cream sheet. I had some other cream sheets that I used, but not even 1/5 of one of the sheets. Total I would say it was just over one full king sized sheet.

My next project to figure out is a rug for around the toilet - I want to have a matching set! So the rag run project is to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment