Monday, March 3, 2014

Bryan the Lion

Hello there, so much for getting right back to posting.  Oh well, life happens right?
Most people know I don't normally buy patterns, there are so many cute patterns out there for FREE that it's hard for me to cough up even a small amount of money. What can I say, I'm cheap.

But, one of my adorable sisters asked me to make a specific toy for her friend with a new baby.  I looked up the patterns from www.braidcraft.com.au and, because this was a paying gig, I figured I'd shell out the bucks.  And I have to say it was 100% worth it!  I got five patterns of the cutest little zoo animals - and considering they were coming to the US from Australia I was floored when I got them in just a few days.

Anyway, my husband was having a rough week and mentioned I haven't made him anything in awhile.  So made this little cutie... his name is Bryan...


I used an F hook (rather than the G noted in the pattern) and found some cute colored safety eyes for him.  I usually crochet my amigurumi using a hook size smaller than the pattern calls for, just because I don't like to see the stuffing and like the look of a smaller/tight crochet.

So, I have a zebra and an elephant on order - those are next, I'll post as soon as I get them done.

Happy hooking!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is ADORABLE - and I know someone who loves lions. Now if only I could crochet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I found your blog through Clairejustines blog hop.

    I love crochet so look forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete