Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rag Rug #3

I finally got around to getting the third rag rug done! My upstairs bathroom is mostly green - so I wanted to use the dark green, sage green, and tan sheets for this one. The finished rug is almost 4 feet long and about 2 feet wide and using about one and a half king sized sheet.

I crochet this with a
'P' hook and a basic single crochet.

To get the basic oval shape you
sc a foundation chain as long as you'd like (this one was much longer than the first two). If you prefer you can work in any basic crochet stitch you would like - just keep it consistent throughout. I work in continuous rounds and increase three stitches on each end for each round. You would do two sc in three of the sc of each end. I have found it's better to stagger these increases and forget about counting to get them perfect - I really helps to even out the curve.
This ended up being
16 rounds and it fits perfectly in our space!

The next project is to create a rug to go around the toilet, I haven't been able to find a pattern for this so if it works out I will try to post it!



No comments:

Post a Comment