Well, it's been a long (very long) time since I've posted anything. Things have been pretty crazy for my family over the last few months and we've finally settled down and I can get back to blogging and crafting!
To kick off my comeback I thought I'd share this great recipe...
Key Lime Cheesecake
This is a refreshing, light desert - perfect for the upcoming summer. (and really pretty)
9 sheets graham crackers (crush in a plastic bag with a rolling pin)
3 T butter
1 T sugar
(1) 4 serving size lime jello
3/4 cup boiling water
16 oz cottage cheese (trust me on this)
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz whipped cream
3 limes, 2 juiced and 1 for garnish
What to do:
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press crumb mixture in the bottom of 2-quart backing dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl combine gelatin and water - stir until gelatin is dissolved and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine lime juice, cottage cheese and cream cheese, blend until smooth. In half cup increments whisk the cottage cheese mixture into the gelatin mixture until completely combined.
- Whisk whipped cream into the mixture and spoon filling over chilled crumb mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until filling is firm (I left mine overnight)
- To serve, cut into squares. Top with lime zest and a few lime wedges.
Makes about 9 servings